Where can I find a recent (Draft 10-11) PAX?

Tom Jordahl tom at surf.osf.org
Wed Jan 16 07:07:39 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: tom at surf.osf.org (Tom Jordahl)

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this post.

Could someone give me a pointer to a recent (Draft 10 based) version of
the 1003.2 pax archive utility.

I have the one written by Mark H. Colburn (mark at jhereg.MN.ORG) at
release 1.2, but this is dated 13 Feb 1989, almost 2 years old.
I found this on uunet.uu.net in the comp.sources.unix archives.

Has pax changed much in the past two years?  I haven't compared my
Draft 10 .2 with any earlier drafts, but practically the whole
section is marked with change-marks.

I have tried to reach Mark, even calling the phone number given in the
distribution. [Don't! the guy on the other end seemed pretty POed
when I asked for Mark, saying he hadn't lived there in 'several
years'.  He complained about people calling from Washington and
leaving message for him to call them back....]

I have also tried reaching him via E-mail, but have gotten no response.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--

Tom Jordahl                                       Internet: tom at osf.org
Open Software Foundation                          UUCP:   ..!uunet!osf!tom