6300+ question

tim at ism780c.UUCP tim at ism780c.UUCP
Sun Nov 23 16:54:06 AEST 1986

In article <124 at uxrd1.UUCP> thk at uxrd1.UUCP (Tom Kiermaier ) writes:

> Another little quirk is that the swapper uses up an VERY large percentage
> of the CPU time. After having my machine on for an hour (and not even
> logged in) the swapper shows around 55 minutes of CPU time. This definitely
> inhibits the performance of the machine.

Perhaps idle time gets charged to the swapper on the 6300+?  If
so, this is not bad.  An interesting test would be to run an
infinite computation loop for an hour.  If the swapper still gets
55 minutes, then there is a problem.

--
emordnilapanalpanama

Tim Smith       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim   Compuserve: 72257,3706
                Delphi or GEnie: mnementh