6300 Memory upgrade

Jim Greenlee jkg at gitpyr.gatech.EDU
Tue Nov 25 13:42:14 AEST 1986

In article <1045 at ihdev.UUCP> gpw at ihdev.UUCP (G. P. Wilkin) writes:
>> In article <7191 at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> gopstein at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Richard Gopstein) writes:
>> >
>> >he thinks that all of the existing chips (64K)? are soldered...
>>
>> This is not true. There are 2 banks - one is soldered-in 64K chips...
>
>Jim, you have said is true of NEWER 6300s ONLY. The older model (CPU-3) did
>indeed have the STUPID soldered in chips.

You should know better than I, George, but I'm curious - what vintage are the
soldered-in models? The friend that I mentioned in my previous posting bought
his in December, 1985. I don't recall exactly, but it seems like they were
practically brand new at that time. How many of these older models were sold
before AT&T wised up and put in the sockets?

                                            Jim Greenlee

(stupid blank lines so that our news system will accept this posting.
please hit 'n', or whatever, now!)

--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!