Canon drivers for AT&T Unix PC?

Prentiss Riddle riddle at ut-sally.UUCP
Wed Nov 19 07:46:47 AEST 1986

[Pardon if you see this twice; this is going to mod.computers.laser-printers,
and I'm unsure about the interaction of moderated and unmoderated newsgroups.]

This is a rather detailed request: my employers have purchased a number
of Canon LBP-8 A1 and A2 laser printers, as well as a number of AT&T
3B1/7300 Unix PC's, only to discover that there are no drivers on the
PC's which can make the Canons produce graphics.  Currently we use the
Canons in diablo mode, which works fine but only for text.  The Unix PC's
should be able to drive the Canons given the right software; they already
have drivers for HP Laserjets and other very similar printers.

My question is, has anyone written drivers for Canon LBP-8s attached to
3B1s?  Where else should I look to see if such beasts can be located?  (AT&T
is supposed to be looking into it for us, but I won't hold my breath; Canon
has been less than helpful.)

Please reply by mail to the address below, as I am posting this from a guest
account on a machine other than my own.  If there is interest I will summarize

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle  riddle at woton.UUCP
--- The above is not necessarily the opinion of Shriners Burns Institute.