Releasing RAM-DISK to free system memory

jkg at gitpyr.UUCP jkg at gitpyr.UUCP
Mon Jan 26 02:19:39 AEST 1987

A mild flame.....

Peter Fales and Bill Mayhew have graciously consented to *E-MAIL* requests
to anyone who wants this program. I contacted Peter, and believe me, he is
true to his word (thank you, Peter!).  The program has since been posted
directly to the net for the second time in as many days.

I realize that there is no true mechanism for distributing binaries (most
people use net.sources, but somehow that doesn't seem right, either), and
it's nice to see that people are so eager to help out their fellow netters,
but if someone is willing to send responses directly to interested indivi-
duals, then I see no reason to clutter the net (and run up a lot of peoples'
phone bills!) with repeated postings of the same program. That's one man's
opinion, anyway.

						Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!