Hard-card disk drives in the 6300

The Wumpus aptr at ur-tut.UUCP
Sat Jan 3 12:24:13 AEST 1987

In article <346 at neoucom.UUCP> wtm at neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:

>	I was just talking to a lady at Conroy-Lapointe
>distributors about the possibility of putting some of those
>hard-card style disk drives in a few of our ATT-6300s that have
>only floppies for the moment.

I personally use the Plus HardCard 20Mbyte.  I claims, and actually does,
work perfectly on an AT&T6300.  It fits nicely in any slot and is very
easily installed.  BTW, I have had none of the COMMAND.COM problems that
have been reported with other hard drives.  Another nice feature is that you
do not loose any loose of the other drives.  I would also suggest that you
may want ot use DOS 3.10 with the drive.  Another BTW: although a XEROX 6064
is a AT&T 6300, you must use AT&T DOS with the Hardcard.  I found out the
hard way.  Luckily I had bought AT&T DOS 3.10 a while back.
--
The Wumpus        UUCP:   {seismo,allegra,decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
                  BITNET: aptrccss at uorvm

Disclaimer: "Who? When? Me? It was the Booze!"  - M. Binkley