new 7300 products

mark hilliard mark at gizzmo.UUCP
Mon Jan 12 05:15:11 AEST 1987

     Last month, I did a review of Vifont. Vifont  has  been  released
     this  week,  and  is  ready to go. You can get a copy of this new
     package from the following company:

                             Amperfax Corporation
                             1928 N.E. 154 th St.
                             North Miami Beach, FL.
                             305 944 1477

     The cost of the package is $195.00.   This  company  also  offers
     several  other  text and graphics orientated packages, as well as
     several hardware upgrades. I will be  posting  a  list  of  their
     hardware upgrades and costs next week when their prices have been
     set. One hint though, they will be  offering  a  ram  upgrade  to
     bring  your 1/2 meg ram board up to a full 2 meg with sockets and
     a ONE YEAR WARRENTY.  They also  have  several  differrent  color
     crt's  and  a 40 meg disk upgrade kit. If you are a AT&T ISV, you
     can order directly from them for a reduced cost, but if  you  are
     not  a  ISV, you will be paying a little bit more (not much), and
     you will be able to order after the prices have  been  set  (next
     week).  Hopefully  I  will  be distributing ALL of their hardware
     upgrades from NEW YORK once the prices are set. The ram  upgrades
     will  be  a  trade, your old board for the new one, so turnaround
     will be fast!.

             For those of you who might have missed  it  here  is  the
     information on Vifont again.

     ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

       ViFONT - A visual Font Editor and Icon Image Creation System

     ViFont is not just another common application program.   Designed
     exclusively  for the AT&T UNIX PC, ViFont is an original creation
     which takes full advantage of all the advanced features available
     on  either  the  7300 or 3B1. It is designed to appeal to UNIX PC
     owners  and  software  developers  alike,  from  the  fresh-start
     beginner to the most seasoned 'c' programmer.

     The most powerful usage of ViFont is in creating  UNIX  PC  fonts
     for use in any application or environment. In minutes rather than
     hours or even days,  ViFont  will  produce  beautifully  accurate
     fixed,  or proportionally spaced fonts.  That's because ViFont is
     not a text type editor, but a full  implementation  of  real-time
     graphics design, using the bitmapped display and the mouse.  This
     method allows the user to view the characters as they  are  drawn
     in  real-time,  without  the  need  for  pre  or post processors.
     ViFont will, of course, accept existing UNIX PC  fonts  into  its
     editor,  and  allow  the  user  to create fonts of varying sizes.
     Output from the program can be directed  to  either  the  current
     working directory or the public font library.

     ViFont also has the ability to animate each of the  96  definable
     character  images for designing games, simulations, or just plain
     having fun.  For those interested, we include an example of frame
     animation,  designed  using  ViFont,  which  displays  a  totally
     accurate cutaway view of a four cylinder overhead cam  engine  in
     operation.

     If all this weren't enough, we went even further.  Any image that
     can  be  loaded  into, or designed with ViFont can be exported as
     either a picture file or a 'c' source  code  array.   This  means
     that they can be directly loaded into AT&T's Paint Power product,
     as well as used by the purchaser in programs of his  or  her  own
     design.   As  all will agree, this capability gives the user much
     more software value for the dollar.

     ViFont is fully integrated with both AT&T's  User  Agent  system,
     and the lowest level UNIX Shell, and thus can be operated in both
     environments just as easily.  On-line textual help is  available,
     as  well as a new feature we've implemented which we call "Visual
     Help" for making it extremely easy to get quick pictorial, or in-
     depth reference help at all times.

     ViFont comes complete with documentation which covers every topic
     relating  to bitmapped graphics and fonts on the UNIX PC, plus it
     even details parts of the ViFont program  with  source  code,  so
     anyone can achieve the same results within their own programs.

                              SPECIFICATIONS

     Hardware Requirements:    UNIX PC  (7300 or 3B1)
     Software Requirements:    UNIX System V
     Source Code:  'c'

     Price: $195.00
--