80286/8036 Boards for 6300's

heiby at mcdchg.UUCP heiby at mcdchg.UUCP
Fri Mar 13 01:22:54 AEST 1987

In article <1369 at husc6.UUCP> news at husc6.UUCP (USENET News System) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience putting on a 286 Board onto an 8086
>ATT6300.

I don't have direct experience, but AT&T sells (sold?) an upgrade kit
to upgrade a PC 6300 to a PC 6300 PLUS, which is their 80286-based
machine.  It's essentially a swap of the entire system board.  You
get to keep the video controller, power supply, cabinet, disks,
keyboard, and any add-in boards in the slots.  As I recall, the price
was less than buying a whole new PC 6300 PLUS, but I didn't think it
was enough less to be worth doing.  Better to have two machines after
paying for two, than one machine after paying for one and a half.
--
Ron Heiby, mcdchg!heiby		Moderator: mod.newprod & mod.os.unix
Motorola Microcomputer Division (MCD), Schaumburg, IL