Hung 3b2's

misko at ohlone.UUCP misko at ohlone.UUCP
Thu Mar 12 11:05:00 AEST 1987

Has anyone else had a problem which a 3b2 hanging up?? We have an  AT&T
3b2/400 running System V Release 3.0.  From time to time, the system just
hangs.  It may hang for a few seconds to up to 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes
I reset it.  When it hangs, it has trouble echoing characters, starting or
leaving a process is impossible, etc.  If you are running something, that
seems to continue (like editing) although we don't have accurate data on
this.  The console shows no error messages.  I have taken a sysdump and
pawed around with crash in it, but all I see is all processes in an S state
(sleeping?).  Also, none of them are waiting on the same event.  Anyone
else seen this problem??  Help??  Thanks much.

Bill Miskovetz
Cray Research
{ihnp4, lll-lcc}!ohlone!misko
415-449-0268