96 TPI drives (was Re: ATT 6300 clock)

wtm at neoucom.UUCP wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Wed Mar 4 00:33:34 AEST 1987

I think what I really want, versus just a thought is to have the 16
bit FAT that DOS 3.2 will provide for my fixed disk drive.  Having
DRIVER.SYS is really a secondary consideration.  Also beneficial is
the fact that it doesn't require hacking somebody else's code.  I
guess that AT&T is going to be releasing their own DOS 3.2 in the
future, so I might just wait-- provided it hits the streets by June
of 1987, or so.  I thought I might give Xerox a call, as somebody
mentioned that they are already selling 3.2 fore the 606x machines
which are, of course, compatible with the 6300.

  --Bill