Fan reversal on 3b1/7300

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 13:48:29 AEST 1988

Problem:  I live in an old, dusty house w/o central air or heat (eg: no
filtering for the air).  Add to that burning incense and stir frying
of various plants and animals. Lots of dust.  Huge amounts of dust.
All this gets sucked through my 3b1.  Dust collects on the floppy drive
latch, etc.  Generally nasty for everything involved.

Solution (of a sort):  Reverse the fan and add a easily removeable filter.
We had a Northstar and a Motorola S8000 at my old job, and they both
had filtered air blown through them.   Why not 3b1's and PC's?  My
guess was the manus didn't think owners would remember to clean the filters
once a week, or something like that...

Anybody tried this (and know an easy way to do it including Radio
Shack part #'s :-) ) / see any problems with doing this?
--
Just say NO to skate harassment. | Just another journalist with too much
If I wish really hard, will IBM go away forever?        | computing power..