Hayes modem for 3B2

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Fri Feb 19 00:10:39 AEST 1988

In article <449 at stech.UUCP> sysop at stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
|Please help.  I've got a 2400 baud Hayes-compatible modem, an AT&T 3B2/400, and
|Unix System V version 3.0.  I desperately need to get this modem working --
|bidirectionally.  Upgrading to 3.1 isn't possible at this time (absolutely
|_NO_ money available).  Is there any way to do this?

|The person who knows the answer will have my undying gratitude!!!!

Well, I'm all for getting gratitude, undying or other, but what seems to
be the problem?  Set up the port with SYSADM, hook up the modem, send it
the AT string tha silences the bugger (ATE0Q1), and you should be in
business.  But perhaps you've done this and still have a problem?
--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334