Trailblazer gets mad at AT&T 3b1 OBM (on board modem)

David Keaton dmk at dmk3b1.UUCP
Mon Feb 1 16:39:35 AEST 1988

In article <986 at neoucom.UUCP> wtm at neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
>. . .  When the trailblazer placed the data call at
>1200 baud into the 3b1 OBM, it thought that the 3b1 had MNP
>protocol, as reported by the Telebit's "CONNECT 1200/REL".  At that
>point, the Trailblazer locked up, and I had to drop the DTR lead to
>get it to disconnect. . . .
>So the question is, is the 3b1's OBM really supposed to be an MNP
>modem, and this 3b1 is sick?

     This is MNP's fault, not the 3b1's or the Trailblazer's.
Before I got my Trailblazer, I experimented with mixing
Multitech 224E's and other modems.  Autoreliable mode is simply
braindamaged.  It disables Unix PC OBM's, USR Courier's, and
other random modems.

     I finally gave up and I never use MNP any more.  Behavior
may vary slightly with Trailblazers, but the real problem is a
design flaw in MNP.
--
					David Keaton
					dmk%dmk3b1 at uunet.uu.net