Has anyone gotten a Trailblazer working on tty000 (UNIXPC)

Steve Groom stevo at jane.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
Fri Feb 12 09:23:58 AEST 1988

In article <40 at tarkus.UUCP> jcs at tarkus.UUCP (John C. Sucilla) writes:
>....There is still one problem
>with this configuration though, when a remote user dials in and gets
>blown off the machine for some reason the users shell never terminates
>even though CD went away. If they logoff normally uugetty launches again
>as expected.

I had this problem with a Sun 2/170. When the 'Blazer disconnects, it
holds DSR off for some period (specified by S47).  If that period
isn't long enough for the host to see it drop, then the host doesn't know
that the connection is gone. The default setting for S47 is 4 (=200ms), I set
it at 40 (2 sec) and the host started seeing the disconnect. Maybe that's
overdoing it a bit, but it worked...

-steve

/* Steve Groom, MS 168-522, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA 91109
 * Internet: stevo at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov   UUCP: {ames,cit-vax}!elroy!stevo
 * Disclaimer: (thick German accent) "I know noothingg! Noothingg!"
 */