news problem

hartman at uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu hartman at uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 7 13:28:00 AEST 1988

Help!!  I just got a copy of news 2.11 (patch level 13) and compiled it
on my 7300.  Everything compiled and installed fine, but the following
message is produced when rnews is executed to process the incoming news:

>From uucp Sat Feb  6 19:22 CST 1988 remote from xanadu
remote execution	[uucp job xanaduC2e62 (2/6-19:22:41)]
	rnews
exited with status 139

	===== stderr was =====
sh: 2245 Memory fault

I am running UNIX version 3.5 and HDB uucp.  Any ideas??

Secondly, where can I get the more recent news patches?
Thanks in advance.

Mark Hartman               ihnp4!uiucdcs!hartman
                           hartman at m.cs.uiuc.edu