Query about the quality of UNIX/PCs and 3b1's (really 3b1 unix)

K. Richard Magill rich at oxtrap.UUCP
Sun Feb 7 22:35:09 AEST 1988

In article <658 at nitrex.UUCP> rbl at nitrex.UUCP ( Dr. Robin Lake ) writes:
>In article <2519 at oxtrap.UUCP> rich at oxtrap.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) writes:

[stuff deleted]
>Once upon a time, about 3 years ago, when we had a Motorola-CT 6300 on  loan,
>we noted that the AT&T PC 7300 and Motorola 6300 were BINARY COMPATIBLE!
[more deletions]
>I have not tried the compatibility with the Motorola 6600 (CT MegaFrame) as
>the separate I/O processors seem baroque.  Someday .....

They work.

In case you don't recognize me, I have been rich at cwruecmp, rich at hal,
rich at rexago1, krm at cwruecmp, etc. and you once interviewed me.  While I
was rich at rexago1 I was running a csh from nitrex on 3b1's.  I recently
had the opportunity to run that same csh on a Burroughs XE550,
basically a remarketted MegaFrame.

rich.

ps, the 3b1 now in my home, sendai,  runs a legitimate copy of ksh.