Hayes modem for 3B2

Randy Suess randy at chinet.UUCP
Fri Feb 26 03:07:40 AEST 1988

In article <248 at tsc3b21.UUCP> crash at tsc3b21.UUCP (Frank "crash" Edwards) writes:

>Now if I could only find some *EASY* way to fix the DCD/DTR brain-damage ;-).

	Don't know if you would call it easy, but I solved this
	problem years ago by putting 2 555 one shots in series
	triggered off the CD lead of the modem and feeding into
	the CD input on the port.  Basically, you wire it up so
	that the tail end one shot is sitting hi normally so that
	the 3b2 can dial out ok.  The front end-one shot is set to
	trigger on CD going away (negative edge triggered) when a
	login hangs up.  This then makes the tail end one shot
	drop CD to the 3b2 for a couple of seconds, terminating the
	call.  When it comes back up, the 3b2 can dial out, or a
	remote login can trigger the uugetty with a c/r.

-randy

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess