Hayes modem for 3B2

Randy Suess randy at chinet.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 00:37:22 AEST 1988

>Well, I'm all for getting gratitude, undying or other, but what seems to
>be the problem?  Set up the port with SYSADM, hook up the modem, send it
>the AT string tha silences the bugger (ATE0Q1), and you should be in
>business.

This was discussed at length a while ago.  The problem is that the Hayes
compatible modems do not handle CD and DTR properly, so that you
cannot get a 3b2 to dial out AND have the hayes drop and raise CD
properly for dial-in.  There are modems that work with the 3b2, and
there is a hardware hack to make the hayes work.

-randy
--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess