Info request: tape backup for 6300

Michael R. Kesti mrk at gvgspd.UUCP
Mon Feb 8 19:25:15 AEST 1988

Thanks to a hefty tax refund this year, I am at last able to consider a tape
backup device.

The succesful candidate would:
  o  Cost about $500.00,
  o  Allow file by file backup and restore (i.e. an image of the complete
	disk won't do),
  o  Use a readily available tape format,
  o  Work in my AT&T 6300 (DOS 3.2, ROM 1.43, 640K, 2 360K floppies (one
	would be replaced, obviously), and a seagate 255 (mounted in an
	external box with own p.s.) controlled by a WD WX1 with superbios),
	and,
  o  Be reliable.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has set up such a system or has
very relevant info.

				Thanks in advance,
				Michael