GETTYDEFS, etc. (babbling getty)

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.UUCP
Tue Feb 2 08:06:11 AEST 1988

In article <14002 at oliveb.olivetti.com> jerry at oliveb.UUCP (Jerry Aguirre) writes:
>I have Chris Torek's mods installed on a 4.3BSD system.
>>> and why AT&T didn't provide it?)
>Easy.  Without these mods I would be forced to buy more telephone lines.

Well, that's true; but I suspect that AT&T's oversight is more due to the
fact that AT&T people don't have to worry about phone lines.  Thus they
have little personal reason to invest time in software that minimizes phone
line usage.
--
Chip Salzenberg                 UUCP: "{codas,uunet}!ateng!chip"
A T Engineering                 My employer's opinions are a trade secret.