news on a 3B1

Dave Lampe djl at dplace.UUCP
Fri Feb 19 13:30:51 AEST 1988

In article <576 at eplrx7.UUCP> lad at eplrx7.UUCP (Lawrence A. Dziegielewski) writes:
>I am trying to install Bnews 2.11 on my ATT 3B1.  I was able to run the
>localize.7300 script just fine.  However,  when the makefile tried to link
>up readnews,  the file ftime.o was flagged as having and unreferenced
>variable,  namely 'daylight'.

You must be linking using the shared library. The problem is that for
some reason 'daylight' was left out of /lib/shlib.ifile. You need to add
it as follows:

	FPA_s = _dbase + 0x3a;
	FPA_d = _dbase + 0x3e;
+
+	daylight = 0x00303658;
+
	_sibuf = 0x00306000;
	_sobuf = 0x00306408;

Someone posted this on the net but I didn't keep who it was.

Dave Lampe
{ihnp4 | ames | lll-tis}!ptsfa!pacbell!dplace!djl
(415) 455-1571