Hayes modem for 3B2

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Mon Feb 22 12:09:55 AEST 1988

Symptoms, man!  Tell us symptoms!  :-)

Seriously, I've had a Hayes-compatible modem on each of my telephone
line, each operating bidirectionally, with no problems.  In fact, I'm
writing this on my home machine which is phone-linked via a pair of
Hayes-compats to my office system.

You must set up uugetty on your phone line (use System Administration
login for the easiest setup), and change the Dialers script so that the
modem doesn't echo commands.  Also, set S1 to a non-0 value.

--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334