Hayes modem for 3B2

Randy Suess randy at chinet.UUCP
Sun Feb 28 01:35:42 AEST 1988

In article <77 at cooksys.UUCP> walt at cooksys.UUCP (Walt Cooksey) writes:

>Hayes does handle CD and DTR properly, if it is programmed correctly.
>The following strign is the correct setup for SCO Xenix V.  I assume
>that it will work with most others as well.

	Could you tell me how you get the Hayes modem to work
	properly on a 3b2 with r2 software in bidirectional mode
	when the 3b2 requires CD to be hi all the time to dial
	out, but the 3b2 wants CD to follow carrier for proper
	termination when a login goes away.  Don't see how any
	amount of modem setup will fix this.

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess