Major security problem in the UA: looking for a real fix

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Wed Feb 3 06:28:26 AEST 1988

In article <1023 at woton.UUCP> riddle at woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) writes:
>There is a security hole in the UA which you could throw a Cray
>through....
>[And can anyone out there tell me what on earth the developers of the
>UNIX PC were thinking of when they created this misfeature?

The UNIX PC was supposed to be a personal computer (i.e. a computer
owned and operated by an individual for the individual's own use)
running UNIX.  The lack of strenuous security is in keeping with
this philosophy.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi