Want to buy 2 MB memory board for UNIX PC

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Sat Feb 27 03:36:37 AEST 1988

> We are looking to buy a new or used 2 Megabyte RAM expansion board for the
> UNIX PC, AT&T part number 405056359.  Please quote a price and send a brief
> history of the board to me at one of the addresses below.  Thanks.

I haven't received any positive responses from the net, but for any of
you who are shopping for memory yourselves, I found another source you
might be interested in:

A company called Piiceon makes its own 2-Mb memory board for the UNIX
PC.  The boards were out of production for a while, but they're doing
another run and my impression is that they will continue to do so as
long as there are buyers.  Given that AT&T boards are hard to find,
this is an encouraging thought.  Piiceon's prices are also better than
AT&T's.

The only fly I've found in the ointment so far is an unconfirmed rumor
that the Piiceon boards work well with 7300s but that a certain
fraction of them flake out with 3B1s.  Piiceon has told me that they
hope to fix the problem and that they will happily trade boards with
anyone who has problems until the luck of the draw yields one that
works.

Anyway, if you think this possibility is worth exploring, Piiceon's
sales rep is Rod Gilchrist at 512-328-5614.

[I have no connection with Piiceon except as a potential customer.]

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
--- riddle at woton.UUCP  {ihnp4,harvard}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle