uux shouting

gary sarff gsarff at argus.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 08:36:36 AEST 1988

I need some help.  I have recently gotten a news feed from philabs via
a unix pc, to another unix pc.  We are running 2.11 news, at patch level #14
and the problem is that the two unix pc's want to send the results of uux's
to each other during the transmission of news.  I know there was a fix
for this, adding the '-z' option to uux, but that only works if one has
SysV source for the Unix pc which I don't.  So the two pc's get into a
shouting match, dialing each other nearly continuously sending uux results
to each other,then the results of those results, ad infinitum.  How can
this be stopped?  Does anyone have a "fixed" uux for the AT&T unix pc?
Thanks for any help, it would be really appreciated.

--
Gary Sarff           {uunet|ihnp4|philabs}!spies!argus!gsarff
To program is human, to debug is something best left to the gods.