Has anyone gotten a Trailblazer working on tty000 (UNIXPC)

David Keaton dmk at dmk3b1.UUCP
Wed Feb 3 05:31:15 AEST 1988

In article <241 at icus.UUCP> lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>Has anyone successfully gotten the Telebit Trailblazer modems configured
>to work on UNIX PC on tty000.  What problems did you run into?  What
>configuration details were there?  Do you need HDB (I'm using)?  What
>kind of throughput are you getting?

     Yes, I have, with no problems.  Just configure the Unix PC to
believe that there's a 9600bps Hayes modem on tty000, and then add the
following line on to the end of L-devices.
DIR tty000 0 9600
Then "cu -s 9600 -l tty000" and you're ready to configure the modem.
Most of the defaults are already set up the way you want them.  The rest
of the options should be set as follows.
AT Q4		(partial quiet mode so getty won't see "CONNECT" message
			but dialout is still verbose)
AT S51=4	(set interface speed at 9600)
AT S52=1	(recognize DTR)
AT S53=1	(interpret DCD and DTR properly)
AT S54=1	(pass Breaks through to remote host)
AT S58=2	(use hardware flow control)
AT S66=1	(lock interface speed, unless you want to modify gettydefs)
AT S110=1	(enable data compression)
AT S111=30	(enable UUCP 'g' spoofing)
AT &W		(write these changes to non-volatile memory)

     And that's it.  You're all set up.  Don't forget to modify your
L.sys file to always talk to the modem at 9600 if you have locked the
interface speed there.  It shouldn't matter which UUCP you're running.

     Now that you've got it working at 9600, if you want the serial
interface to run at 19200 you can change L-devices, L.sys, and
/etc/inittab accordingly, but you won't be able to use cu or the
terminal emulator because they don't understand that speed.  Also, as
mentioned earlier in comp.sys.att, you will have to modify
/etc/gettydefs .  Just change the two occurrances of "B19200" to "EXTA"
to fool it into giving you the speed you want.

     With the interface speed set at 19200bps, I get between 700 and
1200cps throughput depending on what machine I'm talking to, what speed
its interface is running at (9600 or 19200), and how busy it is.  As far
as I can tell, I haven't experienced phone line noise bad enough to
affect the speed.
--
					David Keaton
					dmk%dmk3b1 at uunet.uu.net