AT&T 630 MTG

Peter C. Dibble dibble at cs.rochester.edu
Thu Feb 25 04:51:25 AEST 1988

I'm looking for advice from experienced AT&T 630 users.

I want to use one in the following environment:
  *  Medium heavy use with BSD on a Sun at 2400B.
  *  Light use with a 3B1 (locally connected).
  *  Very heavy use with OS-9/68k.
  *  Very light use with OS-9/6809.

Is the firmware in the terminal good enough that I will be able to
use a reasonable subset of its power without attaching it to a Unix machine.
I wouldn't expect 14 windows, but can I have one per host?  Can I download
fonts (is there enough control on the glyph sizes that I can write a
DVI previewer)?  Can I do graphics?

Is the windows documentation good enough that I will be able to write
an OS-9 file manager to support them?

Is the firmware documentation in general complete enough that I'll be
able to generate code for it without the AT&T tools (I'll be doing it
from OS-9).

Is there any hint of an X windows cartridge for the terminal?

If I get the terminal and write a file manager for it does anyone want
a copy?

Thank you,
Peter Dibble

dibble at rochester