why is 3b1 screen so SLOW ?

John Wilkes wilkes at mips.COM
Sun Feb 28 11:18:12 AEST 1988

In article <864 at hsi.UUCP> stevens at hsi.UUCP (Richard Stevens) writes:
>Also, what is everyone else using with Telebits, instead of
>cu and the (ugh) ATE package ??

I've been using fthood!egray's mdm program, and I am quite satisfied with
it.  (Thanks Emmet!!)  Another possibility might be kermit, but I've not
tried it.  Too bad mdm does not support kermit file transfer....  Also, mdm
gets a little confused when connecting to the remote system.  My guess is
that this is because the 'Blazer pumps back slightly different strings than
the Hayes stuff that the program is expecting, but it's not enough of a
pain for me to dive into the source and fix it.

Hey Emmet, are you working on a new terminal program for the 3B1???

John Wilkes
--
-- @work:
--		  {decwrl,ames,pyramid,prls}!mips!wilkes
--		           wilkes at mips.com