Okidata printer on 3b1 -- HELP !!

Kris Kugel kak at stc-auts.UUCP
Wed Feb 3 03:45:14 AEST 1988

sorry to bother the net with this reply,
cmc12 chocked on the return address:
> 550 <brl-adm!umd5!mimsy!rayssd!rayssdb!c4s>... Host unknown

> 	I have a 3b1 with an Okidata Microline 92 printer interfaced to
>  it thru the RS-232 port.
>  I *know* this can be
>  done, and I would like to try to do it myself, but I don't know where
>  to start. I am still learning the gritty details of the unix system.
> 	Has anybody out there done this ?  Does anyone else have a uL92
>  on the unixPC ?  Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
>
> 	Charlie Sefranek		c4s at rayssdb.RAY.COM

Waall, I recently implimented some filters on a Sun which print out a pixrect
image on an okidata 192, if you want, I could send it out to you and maybe
save you some gruntwork once you know how to get the image to it....

	Kris A. Kugel
	Storage Tek:    ...{ uunet!nbires, hao, ihnp4 }!stcvax!stc-auts!kak
	High Country Software: ...{hao, wldrdg, uunet!nbires}!hicntry!kak
	"It is better to light one small cannibal than to torch the duchess"

PS. I don't have time to research the rest of the problem, but I DO have
a 3b1 and oki 192 available to play with if you can tell me where to get
the image.