UUCP BETWEEN HDB and 3B1/7300

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Fri Feb 19 12:58:50 AEST 1988

With care, you can edit your /etc/inittab entry to make getty
toggle DTR after a certain amount of time if it sees no incoming
characters while running login.  HDB forgets to hang up on its end
when dialing into the 3b1.  I suggest 60 seconds for the timeout
value.  Here is what the inittab entry should look like:

 ph1:2:respawn:/etc/getty -t60 ph1 1200

space required            you add this

Be careful when editing inittab.  The warnings are there for a
reason.  See the man page on getty for further details.  You should
reboot after making the change to ensure that inittab gets reread.
You could try telinit q and then kill the getty on ph1, but I feel
safer rebooting.

--Bill