UUCP BETWEEN HDB and 3B1/7300

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at gryphon.CTS.COM
Mon Feb 29 11:57:58 AEST 1988

In a recent article <2976 at dasys1.UUCP>, peterd at dasys1.UUCP (Peter D.) writes:
>Does anyone know why whenever I uucp something from a SYS V machine using HDB
>under v5.2 to a 3B1/7300 the 3B1/7300 fails to disconnect the line after the
>transmission.

The problem is a bug in the uucico that comes with 3.51 ("Communications
Patch") whereby incoming calls to the On-Board Modem are not forced to
disconnect.  Eventually, the calling system times out and the line is
released.  This problem doesn't occur on serial ports.

I complained about this back in October, and in December AT&T downloaded me
a new version that fixes this problem.  The only bug I've found in this new
uucico is there is no way to turn on the modem's speaker.

Prior postings seem to indicate it is OK to redistribute this fix.  It is
sitting in ~/uucico.exec.Z  on denwa, (213)479-2422.

Jim Gottlieb  <jimmy at denwa.UUCP or jimmy at pic.ucla.edu>