7300 fire sale

James E. Prior jep at oink.UUCP
Wed May 11 14:26:41 AEST 1988

In article <May.10.02.11.09.1988.23375 at aramis.rutgers.edu> marsella at aramis.rutgers.edu (Stacy Marsella) writes:
>I have been reading about 7300s being sold for $495 and
>I was wondering who was offering this deal.

I've been told by friends that the .5M/10M for $495 are sold out.
I've also been told that .5M/20M systems for ~$700 are still available.

For the straight poop call Jennifer at 1-800-346-8243 at
Digital Data Systems, Inc.
775 Franklin Road
Suite 100
Marietta, GA  30067

The machines are for real.  Between me and friends here in Columbus, I can
think of 8 of the $495 machines that were ordered.  About half of them have
arrived.

You should count on replacing the clock battery.  All of the systems so far
have dead clock batteries.  Apparently, the machines have been warehoused
for three years, but the battery only lasts three months of power outage.
They did provide a jumper to disconnect the battery, to prevent draining it
during long periods of unuse, but they didn't remove it for storage in the
warehouse, so bye-bye battery.  It's no big deal to replace, just a hassle.