DOS Tasks under Unix: Let's hear about it!

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.TEK.COM
Tue May 24 09:41:50 AEST 1988

>                   Twiddling hardware registers *works* under
>VP/ix-Simultask386, but is slower since it must be *emulated*.

I tried installing PC-NFS under VP/ix (well, it's like this: I had a
network interface card that PC-NFS would drive (an NI5010) and none that
VP/ix a la' Micom-Interlan would drive an NP-600) ) and no matter what
I did the diagnostics kept coming back saying it couldn't find the
interface card at the address I was telling it to use. I assumed it was
getting mapped to someplace else. Perhaps it was just timing out?

keith