Summary of answers I received to some questions.

kathy at bakerst.UUCP kathy at bakerst.UUCP
Thu May 12 18:26:12 AEST 1988

In article <616 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) writes:

>>1.  Any simple way to make an on/off switch for the monitor?  I get tired
>>of using the little wheelie-dealie to postpone terminal phosphor-burn.
>>(I'm *not* going to experiment on *my* machine, dammit. :-)
>
>Ok... I should have mentioned that I have Sys V ver 3.0.

I *think* I was using this with 3.0:  Put a file in /usr/lib/ua
called .blanktime and containing a number (e.g., 600) corresponding
to the number of seconds (600 = 10 minutes) of inactivity after which
you want your screen to blank.

Kathy Vincent ------> Home: {ihnp4|mtune|codas|pacbell}!bakerst!kathy
              ------> AT&T: {...favourite AT&T gateway...}!wruxh!unix