3b2 problem

Dominick Samperi samperi at mancol.UUCP
Fri May 13 03:45:55 AEST 1988

Every once in a while (perhaps once per month) a 3b2/300 that we are using
here gets a little "sick," and I was wondering if somebody in this group
could perhaps shed some light on the problem. What happens is that the
dialin lines become unusable. One can connect, but characters don't seem to
get through to the machine. Some do (they are echoed), and sometimes it is
possible to actually login by blindly typing a username/password, each
terminated with CTRL-J (the newline key doesn't work). A reboot always
fixes the problem, but if someone is not around to reboot for a day or
two, there are problems, since this machine polls for news each night,
and news gets backed up at the feed. Thanks.
--
Dominick Samperi, Manhattan College, NYC
    manhat!samperi at NYU.EDU           ihnp4!rutgers!nyu.edu!manhat!samperi