Swapping and wmgr

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Wed May 25 13:24:39 AEST 1988

In article <449 at bacchus> darren at bacchus (Darren Friedlein) writes:
>problem.  The last two times, however, the [!!] icon flashed on and then
>the whole status bar right of "DATA 2:" went to dots.  I assume that
>this means that wmgr is failing when it is swapped out too.  This is

The phone manager (ph) is the left half of the status line (w3), the window
manager (wmgr) is just the upper right corner (w4), and the status manager
(smgr), which is really an expanded cron (w5) is most of the right half.

When smgr (cron), ph or wmgr die, you will find a core file in /etc/lddrv.

I am personally very suspect of smgr and the way it intereacts with the
window driver.

Partial ps -f showiing window devcies open:

   root    83     1  3  May 23   w4  0:01 wmgr
   root    78     1  3  May 23   w3  0:33 ph
   root    87     1  3  May 23   w5  4:45 smgr

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|osu-cis}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641; talk to me about fractals