MB mem upgrade & VIDO off switch

Darren Friedlein darren at bacchus
Sat May 7 13:02:55 AEST 1988

While looking for a solution to my motherboard question, I ran accross
This old article...
+-------
Subject: Re: upgrading mother board memory.
Date: 5 Dec 87 04:41:33 GMT
Sender: news at rtech.UUCP

A 7300 mother board can supposedly be changed to 2M as follows.  I
haven't tried it and don't know if this is totally correct, but it is
very similar to the 512k card upgrade.  Anyone who actually does this
should post to these groups with a report.  I do not recommend this
to someone as a first experience with a soldering iron.

1.  Change all the 64k dram chips

2.  Change JR1 to be from E1 to E2.  You must break the board trace
    on the back from E2 to E3.

3.  Add a 74F258 chip to location 12B.

Here is a crude picture:

+------------------------------------------------
|	A		B		C
|	+-------+
|13	|	|
|	+-------+
|    cut E2-E3 trace
|12    /E3		+-------+
|      \E2 \		|74F258	| add this chip
|	E1 / add jumper	+-------+
|
|		slide switch
|		thataway		toroidal coil--\
|		    |			thataway	\
|		    V					 V

Have fun!

-dB
"I don't care what you say, as long as you spell my name right."
{amdahl, cbosgd, mtxinu, ptsfa, sun}!rtech!daveb daveb at rtech.uucp
+------

And for blanking the screen, this article might make a good starting
point...
+------