UNIX PC Graphics Questions

Todd O'Connell todd at inco.UUCP
Sat May 7 01:19:48 AEST 1988

I'm sorry if these are old requests but I've been on-site for the last
several months and have not had access to the net.

1) Does someone have an implementation of X-Windows up and running on the
   UNIX PC?  If so are you willing to share?

2) Is there any way to directly access screen memory?  I would like to
   bring up a segmented graphics package on my 7300 but find it a little
   abhorrent to do pixrect ops to display a single pixel in a vector draw
   routine.  I would use the graphics driver except that I also want to
   do some raster work and I don't want to waste 16 bits/pixel for a b/w
   display.
--