It's about time...

Darren Friedlein darren at bacchus
Thu May 5 12:03:34 AEST 1988

I just wanted to thank all those people who mentioned what a great
machine the 3b1/UNIXpc really is.  Since I got my machine and started
looking into unix-pc.*, all I've seen have been neutral to deragatory
comments.  Once you get rid of the windows, the UNIXpc is pure UNIX
(real UNIX, that is) power at a fantastic price (and a good price
even before the fire sale).  I just wish (and who doesn't) that AT&T
had done a better marketing job with it.  From what I understand,
the team that worked on the Safari-4 project was one of AT&T (Bell
Labs?) best.

On another tangent altogether, has everyone heard about the new UNIX
environment?  WINDOWS!!! ARGH!!!  From what I've seen of it (not much)
it doesn't look like you can take advantage of *anything* that's truely
UNIX.  I wish they'd rename it so it wouldn't give UNIX a bad image.

-darren
         ____
        /    \
       |                                 Rt 4, Box 416, Durham, NC 27703
  _____|_____     Darren G. Friedlein      data (bacchus) : 919/596-7746
 /     |     \                                      voice : 919/596-9492
 \____/    __/      {mcnc|icus|ethos|gladys|bakerst}!bacchus!darren