File Transfer Programs

964[jak]-Robert Halloran rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
Fri May 6 23:26:23 AEST 1988

In article <2307 at ukecc.engr.uky.edu> edward at engr.uky.edu (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>Does anyone know of a way to get either XMODEM, YMODEM or ZMODEM
>capability on a 3b1?
>
>The ATE has UMODEM built in to it. Is that close enough to X, Y or
>Z to work? Is there a way to add more protocols to the ATE?

UMODEM is for 'Unix Xmodem', and provides just that.

If you can come by the source for the PD package 'rz/sz' by Chuck Forsberg
(caf at omen.uucp), that will provide Y and Zmodem capability for a Unix system,
though I am unsure about how you could integrate this into ATE.

						Bob Halloran
						Distributed Programming
						  Tools Group
UUCP: {ATT-ACC, rutgers}!mtune!rkh		DDD: (201)957-6034
Internet:   rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: AT&T DSG, 200 Laurel Ave Rm 3G-314 Middletown NJ 07748
Disclaimer: People have opinions.  Companies have policies.
	Don't confuse MY opinions with AT&T's policies.
Quote: "Good morning, the Russians still beating the pants off us in space?"
		-- Opus to Oliver, "Bloom County"