19,200bps on 3B2-300

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Nov 21 07:44:24 AEST 1988

In article <253 at ssbn.WLK.COM> bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:

>The two people I have asked thought that the com/tty port might be
>able to handle 19200bps but they were unsure about CTS handshaking.
>They were nearly equally sure that the ports card could not do
>19200bps and thought probably not CTS handshaking.  Can someone
>clear that up for me?  What I would *really* like to do is set up
>both Trailblazers at 19200bps, locked, with CTS handshaking.

The console/contty ports are directly serviced by the main CPU so they
should generally not be used for high speed work.

The console/contty and the cards with 4 serial/1 parallel port do not
support CTS handshaking.  The EPORTS cards with 8 serial ports does,
but it requires a special ioctl() to enable it so it may take some
effort to make it work with uucp.  Also, there are some problems with
the supplied drivers - call the hotline for the fixed version if you
are going to use eports.

Les Mikesell