19,200bps on 3B2-300

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Sun Nov 20 07:44:10 AEST 1988

I am about to get a 3B2-300 in a computer swap.  I want to put the
news/mail/uucp load on it and move the 80386 one level back from
the telephone lines.  The '386 currently has a pair of Trailblazers
on it, one 9600bps with rotary gettydefs and the other fixed at
19200bps with CTS/RTS hardware handshaking.  I would like to use
a similar configuration on the 3B2 but am unsure of whether or not
it will work.  I am a total novice with the 3B2 so bear with my
ignorance.

The two people I have asked thought that the com/tty port might be
able to handle 19200bps but they were unsure about CTS handshaking.
They were nearly equally sure that the ports card could not do
19200bps and thought probably not CTS handshaking.  Can someone
clear that up for me?  What I would *really* like to do is set up
both Trailblazers at 19200bps, locked, with CTS handshaking.

I'm not concerned with the CPU burden or response time on the console,
this system will have few responsibilities other than news, mail, and
uucp.  I might network back to the '386 out of it but not until I can
add memory (it only has 1Mb).  I'd sure appreciate some input or a
steer to where I might look to find out if I can do what I want.  Thanks,
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,rutgers,sun!daver,uunet!bigtex}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM