UNIX PC Wire Changes?

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Sat Nov 12 15:41:15 AEST 1988

In article <115 at 3s_phx.UUCP> rl at 3s_phx.UUCP (Rod Longhofer) writes:

> I read the general info about UNIX-PC and i have a miniscribe 72 meg
>disk drive and am getting a formated cap of 64m what are the hardware
>changes required to use it all, i thought it was part of the file system
>that limited this?

Ooooooh bad news, bud.
The UNIXpc chops your huge hard disk capacity down in FOUR ways:
1. Soft sector format, sector headers & gaps created by the WD1010-05
2. The 17th sectors of EVERY track is NOT USED, except as spares, created by
   the hard disk driver.
3. Swap space for UNIX (3-5 meg), created by the installation process you.
4. Room to support a news feed to get info on why your hard disk won't hold
   as much as you thought when you forked out all that modey, of course created
   by YOU! :)

John
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm at osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:764-4272;  MS-DOS is a beautiful flower that smells bad!