You too can change your "working" icon

Michael "Ford" Ditto ditto at cbmvax.UUCP
Tue Nov 22 04:48:23 AEST 1988

In article <464 at gonzo.UUCP> daveb at gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) writes:
>In article <402 at polyof.UUCP> john at polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) writes:
>> [ ... ] the "AT&T Working" ICON that appears when your UNIX PC is
>>busy doing something....
>
>Which reminds me to ask, "what does it *mean*, anyway?"  Is it "I'm
>waiting for disk i/o" or "I have no idle time" or what?

The "working" icon appears when no process is currently reading from the
selected window.  You can demonstrate this by typing "sleep 5;read foo"
to the shell.  When the "read" is executed the icon will go away.
--
					-=] Ford [=-

"The number of Unix installations	(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
has grown to 10, with more expected."	ford at kenobi.cts.com
- The Unix Programmer's Manual,		...!sdcsvax!crash!elgar!ford
  2nd Edition, June, 1972.		ditto at cbmvax.commodore.com