Re Unix vs Big Blue

David L. Summerville david at topcat.UUCP
Sun Nov 20 04:28:15 AEST 1988

In article <330 at topcat.UUCP> I (David L. Summerville) writes:
>My employer has discovered Unix.  Unfortnately, Unix looks to my employer
>like this:
>       /   \
>     ------ \
>     |UNIX|  \
>     ------   ------------------------------------------
>              | OS/2 (plus) everything ever written    |
>              | for it (plus) everything ever promised |
>              | for it, (plus) everything ever written |
>              | for DOS.                               |
>If you've dealt with the issue before, please drop me a line.

Your mail helps in two ways:

First, your suggestions keep me on my toes.  I need every angle I can get.

Secondly, it shows that there is an international "knowledge base"
of Unix USERS that can be tapped for information about Unix. This is a
resource that no one else in the company knew about.  The sheer existance
of the Net is news to these people. ;-)

Thanks for your letters!  They are helpful!
	-David