6300+ 512k to 640k upgrade

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 11:01:38 AEST 1988

In article <1355 at PSUECLB>, crs at psueclb.BITNET writes:

> I am trying to upgrade my 6300+ from 512k to 640k I have 18 64k chips that
> I have installed on the expansion banks on the mother board however I cant
> figure out how to set the dip switches...the manual isnt clear on this
> The pc came "standard" with 512k, can anyone help?
> chuck

If you have 512k in bank 1, and 128k in bank2 (which I think is what
you have) then you should set DSW2 positions 1 - 4 to ON OFF ON OFF.
If that doesn't work, try ON ON OFF OFF.  When you hit the right
combination, the power-on-self-test will display 640 Kbyte memory.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney