Need terminal prog that uploads w/o changing text

Video Sex Pope erict at flatline.UUCP
Tue Nov 29 10:44:20 AEST 1988

Ok, here's the prob:  I want to upload text to various systems, most
of which require CR, LF, or CR/LF.  I've tried using Telephone, but
it strips out CR.  Smart Communications works if I do a bunch of stuff
to the file first.  Pcomm, well, I can't get it to run under 3.0.

Question:  Is there a terminal program that will upload a text file
without stripping the CR's when it reads it from disk?

(Or, is it possible that the bbses/systems I'm dealing with are
*all* flakey in the same way. :-)

Question part II:  My Smart Communications Manager is acting flakey. My guess
is the disk copy is munged, since it worked before the last backup, but has
been intermittent since.  (I've reloaded it several times, but I still
get the same errors.)
Problems:
1.  It won't open/read profile files.  It will read param files, for
some strange reason.   It will save files just fine, and show them in the
directory when I attempt to load them.  It dumps core when I try to load
profiles or files (for uploading, or to dial a particular system).
It *will* load a profile as default (definable in 5 Parameters).  This is
what confuses me the most...
2.  It won't define a keyboard file -- dumps core.

Is there anybody out there with the Smart System, who is willing give me a copy
via uucp (so I don't have to deal with Innovative)?
I have AT&T disks, if that makes any difference. :-) I have distribution
diskettes only, however (documentation, etc, got stole by a co-worker. :-(

Thx for any help.  Email unless you feel it's relevant to the net as a whole.
--
"Watch what we do, not what we say." -- the late John Mitchell
"We are not trying to do anything to overthrow the Nicaraguan government."