porting between 3bs

Peter Reed PeterReed at anuck.UUCP
Wed Nov 9 07:36:27 AEST 1988

I am trying to port some software to some of the 3B2 systems.
I have successfully ported the code to a 3B2/400 but am
unable to run it on a 3B2/350(?) (either that or a 3B2/310).

Does anyone know what the differences are in the 3B2/400 and
3B2/350?  Are there certain types of things I should be wary of?

The code uses curses.  It currently shows errant behavior in
reading a <CR> from the terminal.  The routine to read a character
in a curses window is returning the wrong ascii code when a
<CR> is entered.  I do not necessarilly think this is the *real*
problem.  Most likely it is a memory or pointer problem somewhere.
I only mention this in case this rings a bell with others.

Any help or differences between the 3B machines would be helpful.

Lisa Hilliard
(internal to att) mvuxn!lah
(external to att) att at lah.mvuxn (I think)