Increasing swap space on a UNIX PC / 3B1

Patrick Barron pdb at sei.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 17 02:14:01 AEST 1988

In article <17973 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> kirkaas at cs.ucla.edu (paul kirkaas) writes:
>I have a 3B1 / PC 7300 with a 67 MB drive.  I want to increase the
>virtual memory swap space.  I know I have to regen the whole system, but
>I don't know what steps to take in the initiallization.

One of the expert-mode diagnostics (from the menu you get into by typing
"s4test") will ask you what size to assign to each partition.  It's
one of the hard-disk diags, but I'm not exactly sure which one.  Anyway,
when it asks how much space to assign to the swap partition, just tell it
how many blocks you want.

--Pat.